Thursday, April 24, 2008

Book Review

Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse is a darling and clever book filled with life’s little lessons. From patience to remorse to pure excitement, Lilly has us in for a treat. This book is not only perfect for life’s little lessons, but also offers many ideas for teaching in the classroom. Young ones will easily be able to relate with Lilly and the events that take place. It is a very true to life story.

Lilly is so thrilled with her new purse that she can’t wait to show her friends at school and her favorite teacher, Mr. Slinger. Not being able to hold in her excitement, Lilly continually interrupts Mr. Slinger’s lessons and gets her new prizes taken up. Lilly is devastated and angry! She leaves him a mean picture that later she will regret.

Henkes, Kevin. Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse. Greenwillow Books: New York, 1996.


http://www.amazon.com/Lillys-Purple-Plastic-Purse-Henkes/dp/068812898X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209066299&sr=1-1

1 comment:

I.A said...

Hi Becca,
I'm a psychology student who has never had experience publishing anything. I recently found a passion writing children poetry and short stories and I wanted to know if you had any suggestions for me regarding who to send my stuff to and check if it's any good.Any advice would be cool.
Thanks, my email is i.a1983@yahoo.com